AYURVEDA AND YOGA
practices for maternal wellbeing
THE MOTHER OF HEALING
Foundations of Ayurvedic Health Philosophy
- Swastha and 10 factors of health
- Prenatal Dinacharya (Daily practices) according to Astanga Hridayam
- Sadhana for connecting to inner wisdom (Buddhi)
Nourishment for the body mind soul & senses of mother & child
- Vata, Pitta, Kapha Women in pregnancy
- Pancha Indriyas Chikitsa (Sensory Care)
- Garbha Sanskara (caring for the new soul within)
- Common Conditions: Anxiety, Nausea, Acid Reflux, Headache, Fatigue
- Nutrition, lifestyle, spices and herbal, topical supports for common conditions
When a baby is born, a mother is born
- The first days: promoting connection for mother & baby, breastfeeding, and first foods for mother
- The sacred window: nourishment for the mind, body, soul and senses of the new mother: 40 days post-partum. The impact of this sacred time can last throughout a women’s life.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Diet for Pregnancy- per trimester & common conditions
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Diet for 40 days post-partum
- Prenatal Yoga asanas: Spinal movements, Devi Asana, Chandra Namaskar, Seated Baddha Konasana
- Pranayama: Brahmaree, Dirga (with side body expansion), Pranava Upasana
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
JOIN US FOR A LIVE ON-LINE PROGRAM
PREREQUISITES: This course is open to anyone who wants to learn more about yoga and Ayurveda for prenatal and postpartum health.
Those who already hold a 200HR certified yoga teacher designation with the Yoga Alliance will receive course credits and CEU continuing education certification.
PART TIME LIVE VIRTUAL PROGRAM
NOVEMBER 2, 9
6:00PM – 9:00PM (EST)
Recordings of each session will be made available to our students for a short time after the live session.
PRICE: $369.00, plus tax.
To register, click the link below or contact us at
DR. SAIRUPA KRISHNAMURTI
Dr. Sairupa Krishnamurti is an Internationally based licensed Naturopathic Doctor. She is also an Ayurveda and Yoga Practitioner, and a gentle self-care advocate.
Dr. Sairupa is passionate about offering heart-centered healthcare to support you to establish and sustain vibrant health. She believes that self-care can help us to resurface after times of loss, prevent burn out when life feels too heavy, and impact us to feel better more consistently.
Dr. Sairupa has a general family practice with special interests in reproductive health, fertility, pregnancy, post-natal- care, paediatrics, mental health, stress, hormones and digestion.